Mobile often refers to:
- Mobile phone, a portable communications device
- Mobile, Alabama, a U.S. port city
- Mobile (sculpture), a hanging artwork (or toy)
- Mobility, the ability to move or be moved
- Mobility of single cell animals (motility)
- Mobile forces, especially Mobile infantry.
Mobile may also refer to: [...]
A mobile phone (also known as a cellular phone, cell phone and a hand phone) is a device which can make and receive telephone calls over a radio link whilst moving around a wide geographic area. It does so by connecting to a cellular network provided by a mobile network operator. The calls are to and from the public telephone network which includes other mobiles and fixed-line phones across the world. By contrast, a cordless telephone is used only within the short range of a single, private base station.